Landscape Design in Rutland
Are you ready to take that plot of land and make it into a landscaping masterpiece? At Hill Country Landscaping and Masonry, we specialize in bringing a fresh perspective to any landscape design. From makeovers to complete originals, we have experience with a full range of projects.
What’s a Landscape Makeover in Rutland?
Are you familiar with a normal beauty makeover? A landscape makeover is much the same. As with a traditional makeover, it’s not an issue of natural beauty. You just have to learn about to dress up the accents just right. With a makeover, we don’t necessarily need to start from scratch.
We can build and improve upon your existing landscaping depending on the level of upkeep and any existing issues. Instead of a whole new round of construction and planting, you might need a few key improvements combined with some superficial sprucing. Do you think your outdoor space can be saved? If so, a makeover might do the trick.
What’s Landscape Design?
Landscape design is a step up from garden design. In fact, landscape architecture is regulated so practicing architects must be licensed to practice in Rutland. Generally, we’ll deal with a more expansive space and have a bit more planning to accomplish as a result. Usually, architects handles two types of landscape design:
- Residential: This is for privately owned homes and land. Depending on the size of the land, these projects can be equally rigorous as commercial projects. However, the building codes and regulations may differ.
- Commercial: Think about any large office building you’ve worked with. If they had an outdoor courtyard or grounds, their landscaping was probably done professionally. These projects must be inline with commercial building codes.
What Are the Principles of Landscaping?
There are four basic principles for landscape design:
- Sustainability: Landscapers have been into sustainability before it was popular. We want to be kind to the environment, but we also want to design a landscape that can survive typical Rutland weather.
- Cohesiveness: Landscapes are systems. We don’t just think about beautiful plants and color schemes. We pay careful attention to the natural flow of water, the local climate, the trajectory of natural light and how they all affect each other.
- Functionality: Your landscape must function well. We think about issues like drainage, erosion, materials and the dimensions of the layout. We’ll make sure the landscape functions for your ideal use.
- Aesthetics: Of course, beauty is a top priority with landscaping. The space will be warm and inviting for anyone who happens to wander through the gardens and trails.
What Are Our Professional Principles as a Landscaping Company?
With each project, Hill Country Landscaping and Masonry strives to meet this list of professional principles:
- Have a pleasant and positive working relationship with all clients.
- Exceed expectations of professionalism and dependability.
- Create sustainable projects for the environment and Rutland area.
- Give clients designs that match their ideal design.
Call Today to Start Your Greenspace Project
Are you ready to schedule a consultation or have any questions? Get in touch with us today and we’ll be glad to give you any information you need. If you’re ready, we can also schedule an appointment that works for your schedule.